Assemblies & Collective Worship
At Brookvale, we value our personal development curriculum as much as our academic curriculum. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to embrace our school values through engagement with our personal development programmes including through assemblies and collective worship.
Assemblies and collective worships are educational experiences that enable children to extend their learning as well as deepen their understanding of current affairs, significant events and key issues in everyday life.
Our assembly programme over the course of the week looks like this:
- Monday – Education for Social Responsibility or Safeguarding Curriculum Session
- Tuesday – Votes for Schools Assembly
- Wednesday – Singing Assembly (bi-weekly) or Values Assembly (bi-weekly)
- Thursday – Votes for Schools Discussion
- Friday – Celebration Assembly
Each class also perform their own class assembly relating to areas of the curriculum that they have studied. As well as events such as nativity, Easter and the year six leavers’ performances.