At Brookvale Primary School, we believe that wearing a uniform is much more than just ‘adhering to the school rules’. For us, our uniform contributes to the culture and ethos we hold at Brookvale and, following consultation with children and parents in 2020, this was redesigned to reflect the new ambition and expectations we had for the children, school and community.
We believe that, by wearing our school uniform, children will:
- Develop a new and shared understanding of what it means to be part of an extended community
- Build a sense of pride in attending and being part of the Brookvale Primary School .
- Be ready to learn through improved behaviours for learning
It is expected that all children attending Brookvale Primary School be dressed neatly and in-keeping with the dress code so that they feel smart, part of the school team, focused and ready to learn. Our uniform is as follows:
Every Day Uniform
- Navy blue V-neck sweatshirt (with or without logo) – knitted varieties will not be accepted as uniform.
- Navy blue sweatshirt material cardigan – knitted varieties will not be accepted as uniform
- Powder blue polo top
- Charcoal grey trousers
- Charcoal grey pleated skirt
- Charcoal grey pinafore dress
- Navy check summer dress
- Socks – grey, black or white
- Girls tights – grey or navy
- Black shoes (leather style – no trainers of any variety)
- Hijab – plain, navy in colour (must be secured well for P.E.)
- Navy striped blue shorts (loose fitting, not cycling shorts)
- Navy blue tracksuit bottoms and hoodie (plain, sweatshirt material only – leggings or branded sportswear will not be accepted as uniform)
- White t-shirt
- House t-shirt (red, green, yellow or royal blue) For Team Days/Sports Day only
- Black pumps (essential for gymnastics lessons held in the school hall)
- Sports trainers – black, grey or white (plain, where possible)
General Appearance and Other Uniform Requirements
- Uniform should be kept clean and well presented (including shoes maintained/polished)
- Nail varnish/stick on tattoos should not be worn in school
- Hair must be of natural colour and of a moderate style.
- Hijabs should be pinned well for P.E.
- No jewellery other than plain wristwatches, stud earrings and medical alert pendants should be worn. Stud earrings should not be worn on P.E. or swimming days. If children come to school wearing earrings on P.E. or swimming days they will be asked to remove these or have their earrings taped with micro-pore tape, for health and safety reasons. Brookvale Primary School does not accept any responsibility for lost/missing jewellery.
Purchasing School Uniform
Brookvale Primary School fully endorses the principle that the school’s uniform should be affordable for everyone, ensuring that no student or family is socially excluded through inability to buy.
We are delighted to also announce that we have partnered up with Trutex School Wear to give our families affordable, quality uniform accessible in the local area. Trutex have a shop, located on Erdington High Street, and will stock all uniform items as listed above. They will also offer our families a saving card scheme to help spread the cost of purchasing uniform.
All uniform items are also available to by at a wide variety of supermarkets and high-street stores at an affordable cost.
Please review the above requirements before purchasing any items of uniform as those that do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted as appropriate uniform.